AAOM Educational Philosophy
In all of the AAOM Educational endeavors, the AAOM strives to provide students with:
- The best and most experienced instructors
- A low student to instructor ratio for individualized attention
- The best instruction about prolotherapy both as a treatment methodology; with emphasis on anatomy, needle skills and as a specific treatment using 15 - 25% dextrose
- An understanding of the treatment methodology of prolotherapy, which will facilitate having greater success with other injection therapies including PRP and Stem Cell injections
- When to use and how to use prolotherapy as a standalone treatment, or as a combined or layered treatment with subcutaneous perineural injections, interventional spine techniques, PRP, and manual medicine
- An understanding of the mechanisms of healing with prolotherapy and when it may be a good or even the only option for treatment
- Fundamental instruction about prolotherapy grounded in the basics of anatomy and diagnosis of MSK pain
- Accurate MSK diagnostic skills, which is actually the cornerstone of our training in prolotherapy; we provide the techniques and understanding that only through proper diagnosis can it be determined why a patient is in pain and if and when prolotherapy may be a good treatment option.
The AAOM Prolotherapy Education Core Philosophy - Prolotherpy is a very powerful tool that we are placing in your care to use when the diagnosis warrants; use it safely, properly and you and your patients will benefit greatly!
Join us in learning one of the most rewarding procedures in all of Medicine - Prolotherapy. This technique allows you to be the healer you set out to be when you went to medical school.