AAOM Certification - AAOM IROM - C
AAOM Announces New Interventional and Regenerative Orthopaedic Medicine Certification (IROM – C)The American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine announces the AAOM IROM – C which is a written and practical Certification Examination demonstrating competency in Interventional and Regenerative Orthopaedic Medicine knowledge, application and practice.
When you decide to become IROM – “C”ertificed, the IROM - C says a lot about you. When you choose to become IROM – C and you begin on the pathway to prepare for and sit for the IROM – C your patients know you value quality and refuse to settle for anything but the best instruction, coursework and preparation available. Once you are successfully AAOM IROM – C, your patients know you’re knowledgeable, skilled and qualified to serve their Interventional and Regenerative Orthopaedic Medicine needs. They know you are committed to Orthopaedic Medicine excellence. Because you chose the AAOM IROM - Certification, your patients know you learned from the best and you are the best.
Want to get AAOM IROM – “C”ertified? Visit the AAOM Website for details on requirements, available workshops, suggested reading, continuing education, and more.
AAOM Certification Requirements:
1) Active membership in the AAOM.
2) Recommendation of two other Physicians, at least one of which is an active member of AAOM.
3) A current active license (M.D., D.O.).
4) To apply for Certification you must have:
- Attendance in Prolotherapy 100 at the AAOM Annual Conference, Prolotherapy 200 at the AAOM Annual workshop in Denver, Prolotherapy 300 in one of the AAOM International workshops.
- 90 required course hours (Category 1 Credit) from AAOM programs or approved equivalency courses.
- Candidates must have three years’ experience in the practice of regenerative injection techniques.
- 100 Documented Prolotherapy/Injection Therapy Cases with a log.
- 70% Score on the Written Certification Examination.
- Passing Grade on Practical Certification Examination (Pass/Fail).
AAOM “IROM – C” Certification Timeline
The first AAOM IROM – C will be given on November 4, 2015 in Guadalajara, Mexico.
AAOM “IROM – C” Recertification will be required every 5 years and will require maintaining an active
membership in the AAOM and 90 CME course hours in AAOM courses or approved equivalency.
(The AAOM Injection Techniques for Regenerative Medicine Certification indicates the participant has completed the above learning activity and length of practice requirements. This Certification does not certify the physician’s ability, expertise, skills, or knowledge).
Download the Certification Application 2015